Trumpeter Bonneville

Any experience yet ?

Reply to
scottscottscott

Just looked at it "in box". It looks terrible. The chrome pieces are more like matte aluminum. The detail was very heavy handed.

I was looking forward to this kit, but have decided to pass.

Overall, it reminded me of a rather poor 1960's AMT or JoHann Kit. Not worth the rather steep price.

It is hard to believe it was the same company releasing the crappy Bonneville the same week they released the excellent 1/35 Hind 24.

Jim

Reply to
Bodag

Ohh sorry...thought you meant Triumph Bonneville...just in passing has any manufacturer ever made a kit of that good old ball shaker..and what about the Bzeer Light'n now there was a bike made to do the ton? ( Old man takes his medicine and finishes typing) :-) Mike (56 going on 21)

Reply to
Mike Keown

You are aware that Trumpeter, and their US Importer (Stevens International) are replacing, without question, the chrome trees in these kits? That is already in process, and will continue, I am told, as long as it takes to satisfy the buyers of these kits. And, the corrected plating is outstanding!

Heavy-handed detailing? Not on the two Bonneville kits I have sitting here!

Reply to
EmilA1944

i trader a 72 bonnie for a 69 tr6r. much easier keeping one carb happy. it does the ton and a bit more. now has a mikuni carb and boyer ignition. one kick, every time. my 66 thunderbolt is still out being balance with the roller big end mod.

Ditto on the the preceding remarks.

When I purchased my kit there was TWO chrome sprues in the box, the original dull finish and a new set of immaculate shiny chrome parts. Each individually bagged!

Scott

Reply to
The Model Hobbit

My 57 Harley is still in boxes in the garage. Perhaps this year I'll get the time to put it tback together and get it running. :~/

"The world would be a much simpler place if every one could pick and choose their obligations, but we can't and we shouldn't." Major Charles W. Whittlesey

Reply to
Bill Woodier

wouldn't mind an old el.....

I agree once you replace those Anal carbs and the Lucas( designed during the Boer War for use in the Atomic Age) Electrics you've got a damn good mount. Course they are always going to bleed, but then again it wouldn't be an Triumph, or a Norton, or a BSA if it didn't. Japanese quality control is one thing...Soul is something else :-) Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

know why the brits don't build pc's? they can't make them leak oil.

i actually made the tr6r oil tight by using modern gaskets and leveling the case's edges. even the primary.

Sadly that was the only problem I ever had with my Austin. The engine oil was shared with the transmission and if you let that run down you cooked the goose, or the engine, in this case. She was tight with gas but she loved slurping up the oil.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

i had a healy like that. i loved the idiot stick turn sugnals.

snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (e) wrote

Hornby is selling live-steam trains. Part of the sales pitch is that the blowing steam and dripping oil is part of the fun.

There must be a way to apply the same technology for a hyperaccurate TR. :)

Reply to
scottscottscott

just build it in britain.