museum recommendations

Hi, Im going to be going "somewhere" on the 29th of April. I want to go to some sort of Air Museum. Been to the USAF meseum and Pima in AZ. Looks like theres no flight availability to Chino, CA for that museum either. Any other really good ones im missing? any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Kyle

Reply to
kyle

You can fly into Ontario airport that is 10 from Chino or Orange county airport

40 minutes to Chino or theres also Long Beach a little over an hour from Chino. John
Reply to
Ajsandusky

And some of the fossils here should be in museums.. I won't mention names, but you know who you are. :-)

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

The Naval Air Museum, Pensicola Florida is as good as it gets anywhere in the US. Pete

Reply to
The Laws

I'm fond of the New England Air Museum located next to Bradley Int'l Airport that serves Hartford, CT and Springfield, MA. They've got an interesting collection that is displayed indoors and outdoors. There is (was?) also a hobby shop located in the area that specializes in out-of-production kits.

Martin

Reply to
Martin

There's always NASM in D.C.

Reply to
Richard Goldsberry

If you fly into Ontario, CA that's close enough to Chino to make the drive worth it.

Reply to
Rufus

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!! Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

What about out of the USA? Come on up to Ottawa, Canada to the National Aviation Museum, the Canadian War Museum, and a host of other neat stuff!

Reply to
Cliff Jones

USAF Museum in Dayton, OH next to Wright-Patterson is terrific, and the new hanger is open. HTH

Reply to
bobwhite

Kyle, don't forget that there are 2 air museums at the Chino Airport. Yanks and Planes of Fame.

Woody

kyle wrote:

Reply to
Woody

The following are all Southern California locations:

There's a good air museum in Palm Springs. I saw it on the Huel Howser show. I forgot the name.

Also there's one in San Diego.

I think maybe Los Angeles has an air museum, but I'm not sure.

The Van Nuys airport has an air show every year in the Summer. They have military and civilian planes on view and some planes doing flybies, stunts, etc.

There used to be an air show in El Toro too, but I don't know if they have it anymore.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= *** Usenet.com - The #1 Usenet Newsgroup Service on The Planet! ***

Download - 19 Seperate Servers - 90,000 groups - Uncensored

Artist

Reuben Fleet center in Sandeeyaygo or EAA museum in Oshkosh b'gosh.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy