Trumpeter Chinook and Armored Train Engine Questions

Before I make the dive, does anyone know if the blades on the Chinook fold? otherwise I'm gonna need a wide, wide shelf.

and does the engine come with rails for display?

thx - Craig

Reply to
crw59

The kit instructions don't show a folded blade option for the Chinook.

The BR52 comes with rails and a railbed section, like what comes with the DML railcar kits.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Do Chinook blades even fold? Intentionally?

Reply to
frank

Dave, Any info on the rail scale. I believe one of the Trumpeter Rail guns was scaled to 1/32 on the rails so it would be able to run on a popular railroad scale which made it incompatable with the Dragon and Iron Works railroad Kits which were 1/35.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

Yes, in either direction.

pitch-varying housing.

folded in either

See

Do Chinook blades even fold? Intentionally?

Reply to
Bradford Chaucer

Val,

I've heard that the rail gauge is different between the Trumpeter Leopold and the DML rail kits also, but I don't have any info on whether this is changed in the BR52 kit. If I were them, I would probably might have made it compatible with their own rail kits (Leopold and Karl w/ railcars) so they can be joined together Unfortunately, I don't have any of these Trumpeter kits myself.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

"Val Kraut" wrote

The track gauge error was corrected in their later Karl Morser kit, not sure if the right gauge track and wheels were ever back-incorporated into later Leopold issues. I would expect that the BR52 has the correct track gauge.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin