Uh...in 1/32...

Just in case no one noticed in the September Squadron Flyer, Squadron is now offering a vac replacement canopy for the 1/32 Trumpter A-10.

Haven't seen one, but I have two on order...and it seems they are still cleaned out of the 1/32 Mig-15 ones.

Reply to
Rufus

Why not mould one Rufus...easy enough to do..

Regards........Mark

Reply to
Mark Stevens

Thought about it...guess I've got a case of the lazier-than-usuals.

With riding season coming to an end, maybe I'll get back to the bench and finish something soon...like that SA-2 that's been waiting for me to put the decals on it for the last six months...yeah...right after I order that Trumpeter Su-27...

Reply to
Rufus

what's wrong with the one that came with the kit?

Craig

Reply to
Craig

hey rufe, the 03 get fixed ok? and which lb did i send? (yeah, i know)

Reply to
someone

Overall shape is all wrong, it is also too wide, it's front flat "glass" windscreen is about 25% too wide, for starters ... all in all, a big mess in big scale. And VERY hard to correct completely.

Zac

Craig wrote:

Reply to
Zeljko Hanich

The flat portion of the windsceen is too narrow. That's the most visible problem. I've been contemplating several ways of correcting it

- a lot of people are just painting the framing a bit wider, but I've considered cutting or sanding it off and replacing the flat panel entirely.

But for the $3.50 the vac one from Squadron costs, I'll take a chance and see if I like it.

Reply to
Rufus

Not yet - it's still at the shop getting that wobble looked at. I have to go down there on saturday, so I'll stop in and hassle them. THe insurance company is of course giving them a run-around on it.

You sent me the one with "The Bad Rapping of the Marquis de Sade" on it..."A Most Immaculately Hip Aristocrat", I think.

Reply to
Rufus

Interesting. There were problems with the clear parts for both the MIG-15 and 17 also. I suspect whom ever is in charge of clear parts for Trumpeter is maybe a relative of "the Chairman", cause he gets away with screwing up a lot. :-)

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Yeah...I've been wondering about the Wildcat kit windscreen as well. It seems a bit too vertical at the front. I probably won't mess with it, but it's noticable compared to the Tamiya kit in 1/48.

And Im itching to get hold of Squadron's canopies for the Mig-15. I plan to use one on my Mig-17 as well. I think they are similar, if not the same...I'm sure that between the vac and kit parts I can come up with something I like.

Reply to
Rufus

i'm trying to get the cd collection sorted, but i'll have more out really soon.

Reply to
someone

What the hell is it with canopies? We're having the same problems with clear plastic that I had when I built Aurora planes 40+ years ago! Either it's hard and brittle injection or soft and brittle vacform--why can't they make a clear plastic that's as good as fine quality regular plastic?

Reply to
Tom Cervo

Getting those molecules to line up so you can see through them is no easy task! How long was man on earth before glass was invented?

In another of my hobbies, there is no clear candle wax. However, there is clear gel wax. Not exactly the same but it gets the job done. Too many hobbies,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Coolness. I've been sort of looking over the discography on line, it's a bit "disjoint"...but it's been some interesting reading.

Reply to
Rufus