US Halftracks - Camo ???

Did the USA really paint halftracks this way? looks a bit odd

but for the size and price, I might just have to bite.

Craig

crw59

on 12/14/2007 10:07 AM snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net said the following:

Some were in the Italian campaign. OD with Earth yellow or Earth red.

Reply to
willshak

Yes and no. The camo looks a lot like the ones used in first Sicily and later in Italy with the stars with circles all around but there were no M16s then, only standard M2 and M3 tracks as well as M4 mortar carriers and the T28 "Specials" with a 37mm and two water cooled .50s. Note there are no bumper codes on the model.

Still, big beast and looks nice for a pre-built replica.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

in article snipped-for-privacy@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote on 12/14/07 8:56 PM:

As it happens, I'm currently building the old Tamiya M3A2 (will backdate it to M3A1). As an aircraft guy, I have basically no reference material. Would there have been any M3A1s with the star/circle as well as the dark gray (or black?) blotched camouflage over the OD? Thanks! Pip Moss

Reply to
Pip Moss

Generally those only had the star and circle on the hood, as the side ones made too good an aiming point for those wishing the vehicle and its occupants ill... Black over OD is a good camo scheme for 1st US Army Group.

Most had bumper codes, serial numbers and names but no other stars on them.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne