Very OT Actually about models!

Are there any 1/72 decals out there for the Gulfhawk Grummans? Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Are there any 1/72 Gulfhawks?

Reply to
frank may

I know MPM had a 1/72 f3f that might be a starting point.But didn't someone (Pegasus?) make a Gulfhawk?

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Monogram modified their 1:32 Grumman F3F-1 into a Gulfhawk, but its pretty scarce these days.

The Old Timer

Welll, I'll tell you! I actually think it was the other way around. The Gulfhawk was actually a Grumman F3F-2 fuselage with a commercial version of the R-1820, I believe, and a set of wings from an F2F. To get the F3F kit they simply added a different cowling and decals. The result wasn't an accurate F3F by any means.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

Yep!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Grumman F3F-2.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

scarce these days.>

I have a bunch of bits and pieces for it if someone needs them--wing sections, fuselage halves, cowling, tail/rudder and most of the decal sheet, although it's pretty sad shape.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete .mil.nav to email

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy