Very OT: Philly v. Tampa World Series ??

geez, would anyone west of Philly give a damn ???? Probably could not give away ad time with this matchup.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote: : : geez, would anyone west of Philly give a damn ???? Probably could : not give away ad time with this matchup. : You mean it isn't over with? Damn.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

I'm from Baltimore. We haven't cared about the world series in a quarter century.

Reply to
eyeball

wow. 25 years seems so much longer when you say that. I'm an A's fan and we gave up this season back in April. The Giants? What old team is left who has not won a world series in our lifetime, - Giants, Cubs, Indians....

Craig

Reply to
crw59

old timer, huh? I'm a fan of the 1968-74 A's when I was a kid. Campy, Bando, Green....man those were great years. Same with the Raiders.... Blanda !!!!!!!!!

Craig

Reply to
crw59

A's fan. I didn't know you were from Kansas City.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Just yanking your chain. :) I knew they moved sometime since I was a kid, just not when. I also know they used to be a Philly team - about a

100 years ago.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

My wife is from Philly but I try not to give her the satisfaction of acknowledging their record ;)

Reply to
eyeball

Oh, one of my cousins? :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

No modelers that I know of in there but you never know ;)

Reply to
eyeball

We are about to find out - I wonder if the FOX ad folks are jumping off ledges yet? I suspect the ratings will be low here in Kitsap county.

Reply to
Andrew M