Vinyl tracks

The dampen isn't as wet as you think. For large pieces of cherry or maple I wet a sponge, wring it out well and let it sit 15 minutes or so before using it to dampen the surface. The nice thing for wood joints is the foam out or even a little smeared on the wood will foam and can be pared off with a chisel, a very light sanding and it won't affect the finish (unlike excess PVA).

Reply to
Ron

Between the expansion and the exothermic reaction, the model will swell up like a balloon. Eggplanes, anyone? Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

The reaction doesn't release enough heat to damage typically thick styrene that's been injected, the expansion does generate enough force to blow apart seams and probably cracks where there are sharp angles. I've used about a quart of the stuff this year alone.

Reply to
Ron

What did you use it on? I used some once to put a piece of trim back on a semi-antique coffee table. The trim will be on forever, but I had to scrape off the Gorilla snot from the edges and retouch the area. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

I use it for new build furntiture pieces, mainly gluing hardwood nosings on hardwood veneered plywood for casework (bookcases and cabinets). In this case the glue does not penetrate the face grain (open, non-clamped surfaces) too deeply so a sharp chisel to pare away the worst and a quick pass with the random orbit sander to level the nosing to the plywood surface is all that's needed. The stuff is not meant for repairs to finished pieces, not sure if that's on the label or not.

Reply to
Ron