Volkswagen Cabriolet 1984 - 87 kits ?

I'm hoping someone can help identify this model; manufacturer and model #.

It's a scale model kit of a VW Cabriolet that I painted to look like my Helios Blue 86 1/2 Wolfsburg . (The real thing is long gone but I still have this model). It's around 1/25 scale and was molded in black (chassis) and white (body), and clear. (no chrome parts). The front wheels turn left and right. Details molded into the chassis, hood doesn't open.

Anyone?

Thanks -

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

I don't personally know but I'd guess it could have been a Tamiya kit. They are usually moulded in different colours of plastic. The only VW kit I'm familiar with is AMT's Rabbit. I hope the new owners can find the moulds for that.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller