1/24-1/25 '71 Plymouth GTX

Can anyone confirm that Revell or Monogram did a 1/24 or 1/25 1971 Plymouth GTX? I'm normally a 1/43 sportscar modeller, so I'm a little out of my depth
here.
TIA Rick

Yup, they most assuredly did! In fact, that kit was a GTX in its original issue, circa 1982, since been changed to a Roadrunner though.
Art

Plymouth
depth
Art, Revell didn't change to a roadrunner; Revell (# 7608) 1971 Plymouth GTX coupe plastic model kit in 1/25 scale. Contains over 100 parts molded in yellow, clear and chrome with vinyl tires and full color decals. Included is the standard 440 cu. in. 3 x 2 bbl. "Six Pack" Magnum V8 engine and a working "air grabber" hood scoop. The kit is opened but checked and is complete with all factory sealed parts bags intact. The box is in excellent condition and shows a 1995 copyright. Builds up to a very nice replica stock "Plymouth Rapid Transit" '71 GTX.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category%85&itemY01639421 & rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
This kit I bought in 1996 and built, it is sitting on my shelf right now.
Also check out this;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category%82&itemY01379827 & rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
The roadrunner is a completely different body style
Mike

They've had two editions, one with a yellow car and the most recent one with the green one. hth
The Keeper (of too much crap)

with
yes i have the former, nice looking car

That was a noticable design change from the previous angular Mopar Sattelite derivations (I think they call them G bodies?) Buddy of mine's girlfriend had one but she didn't bother to get the muscle car options, so sad.
Me, I prefer the E bodies (Challenger, 70-74 Cuda.) Soon as I get a Bat-cave I'll buy a few. Cheers,
The Keeper (of too much crap)
Keeper wrote:

Mopar's pony cars never interested me. Come to think of it, GM's didn't either. I'm more into the Forward Look and the early '60s cars. Then there are the 'real' antiques, you know, they were old when I was new.
Bill Banaszak, MFE

*That* Roadrunner is a completely different body style because it's a completely different *year* - a '70. In fact, *that* particular kit started out as the Monogram '70 GTX (which I've built). The Roadrunner *always* had an identical body style to the GTX of the same year, differing only in trim, nameplates, and that little coupe pillar on the '68-'70 cars. -- C.R. Krieger (Old enough to *remember*)

Plymouth
depth
Rick, take a look; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category%81&itemY01934384 & rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Mike

Mainly due to my dad I grew up more of a Chevy/Pontiac guy, so I don't know much about the Mopar family. One thing I've wondered: what makes a 'hemi' different from a normal mopar engine? While I'm at it, is mopar a conglomeration of words? How did it come about?

The "Hemi" refers to the hemispherical shape of the combustion chamber. Think of half a grapefruit. While Chrysler was not the first, nor only, manufacturer to build "hemi" engines, they are arguably the best known.
"MOPAR" is a contraction of MOtor PARts.
-Rick

Yes i knew what HEMI was, just like TA and RT but i never had the bollocks to ask was MOPAR meant...........this old limey outa be quiet now