what colour for cromwell and firefly\/

hey guys...

i dont have any big kits of these to get paint colours for, hence im asking here, its for 72nd Armourfast quick build stuff, i have Revell/Mbox kits but mixing of colours and im crap at that

Has anyone got instructions and can give me the paint codes for the cromwell/centour (if its the same) and the firefly, i know the FF was differant to the normal shermans...

Airfix would be good cos im limited to what i can get....

yesterday me and a mate spent hours redoing the models room, and unpacking the 18 or so huge storage boxes of kits and stacking them....now i can touch/look and fondle my unbuilt kits...just like i like to do with my girlfriend

had a few hours modelling earlier, was sooooo fffkng good to get my hands dirty.

i got a cromwell book for xmas, and a hobarts funny book.

hope all you guys are ok....

Reply to
Jules

I've built a couple of Armourfast Cromwells recently. They're great fun. I used Vietnam Green FS34102. I'm not saying it's an accurate match for the Mid Bronze Green that Cromwells were painted in, but it certainly looks the part.

Incidentally, there is a Cromwell tank about 8 miles from where I live. I see it every day when I commute to and from work.

Enzo Matrix

ah ok, what paint brand did you use?

i picked up 4 boxes of cromwells, and got some more coming from a guy off ebay, 16quid +3quidpnp for 5 boxes of owt, but a little cheaper again if you dont go through ebay...cant compain esp as they have gone upto 7.99 now each.

added some SHQ figures and stowage. and i downloaded some pdf books which are great for referance, but not colours themselves. i added front towing eyes too

i have a couple of revell cromwells....which look good. just need to get back into the flow again..

Reply to
Jules

Xtracrylix

Just be aware that the Cromwell in the photo in that link is very highly polished, which makes the paintwork seem a lot darker. If you look at the tank in bright sunlight, it glints. I very much doubt that Cromwells in service were allowed to be very reflective as that would tend to give away their position.

I'm seriously considering building a Tamiya 1/35 Cromwell as the vehicle in the photo. I need to do a bit of research to find out the significance of that actual vehicle, "Little Audrey".

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

i fancy a larger scale one sometime in the future when i can afford it.

it seem its a bronze green, same as firefly, and maybe humbrol 75...

i have just found a link on a german modelling website that has some useful info now and again, figuren-modellbau.de camo british..

gives info and corrections over airfix kit instructions.

i got a load of armourfast tanks last year, to make and mod to sell to wargamers on ebay, and again with the cromwells...

oh...i started watching corrie a couple of months ago, cos our lass watches soaps....then i stopped and refuse to watch it....as i have a life hehehehhehe

must admit, was fun watching it again, but we didnt see any episodes over crimbo...

Reply to
Jules