What is happening to group

Don Stauffer wrote:

    This seems to be the lull in Usenet I see from time to time. Personally, I think a server somewhere reboots or craps the bed and things slow down. I've even had to unsubscribe and resubscribe to get things visible again. It seems to happen once a year of so...     FWIW, I pulled 34 messages today...
Frank Kranick
"Francis X. Kranick, Jr." wrote:

How high's the water in your area, Frank?
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Mad-Modeller wrote:

    Well, I'm just outside Scranton and little of Scranton was affected. When locals refer to the Lackawanna River, they chuckle that it's more a creek than a river. That creek fills up quite nicely, thank you. Personally, I simply had to drain the pool a few times. Some folks I know in Wilkes-Barre fared worse but, all in all, it could have been much, much worse.     How 'bout you? Feet dry?
Frank Kranick
"Francis X. Kranick, Jr." wrote:

No big problem here. There was a persistent puddle in the back yard but we're half a mile from the Conestoga and it's downhill. They call this area Grandview Heights for a good reason. Other areas got hit harder. Rampant development has a lot to with it. Water runs right off macadam parking lots where it used to soak into the former fields.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

don't worry about the volcano, gluteus maximus, nothing will happen! people are dum.....

i've been restoring my 1969 triumph tr6r 650cc motorcycle. it's 1.1 scale and quite a handfull of seams to fill, decals to set and has a tough camo pattern of green over white with gold pinstrip...er, demarcation lines. the landing gear neede seals and fresh tyres. being an english bird, it leaks oil so i'm working on that. and today i was stuck in a 4 hour traffic snarl on i15 in 117f heat with no ac. what are you doing for your summer break?
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain (e) wrote:

Trying to convince my wife to let me do the same. I've pointed out it's the safest motorcycle ever made.
No chance I'll ever get it to run!
Allen

which one is that?
As much as I hate to admit it all I've been doing lately, as far as this group, is trolling. I read the posts with half-hearted interest, which, ironically, is the same perspective I have on modeling in general, even thouh I have some deadlines I'll probably not meet. My interest has always been up and down, but lately the down has been more frequent, and longer in duration. We bought our first house in March, and ever since I'm hard pressed to work up the ambition to get out of bed in the morning, let alone anything else. I go to work, do what I absolutely have to, come home and do the same. I used to read this forum daily, regardless of season or weather, butnow I hit it MAYBE twice a week. S.A.D. maybe, but I usually only dealt with that when winter was coming. My interest will rise again one of these days, it's just a matter of whether or not I do anything about it.

sounds pretty normal i'm not building much because of the resto project. but i always look and think about kits when exposed.
For me, it is the time of year. It's light until 9:30. Hard to come in in the evening and sit down at the computer while it is still light outside. Yard work, dogs to play with, golf balls to hit, bikes to ride, etc. Winter finds me back at the computer.
Art

i love the light....gotta be outside when it isn't 110. so dawn and dusk are precious.
29 hits in one day on the subject of why are there are so few postings.
Four days in Disneyland for the Pirates of the Caribbean II premier and preview rides on the slightly modified ride. Also had Justin try a water slide for the first time. He came up with a new word that he used a lot there; "Again!". Too many years working with these people to care much myself, but it was fun watching Lynne at the red carpet for the first (and she pledged last) time. Fun until I called to Lynne to get a snapshot of Tia Carerra and she turned around and said "Who?" and missed the shot.
All of my time since getting back home has been taken up with helping Lynne get ready for tomorrow night's trip to Israel. She has been asked to present a paper at an international conference on disabilities and we had to scramble to get her there with everything she needs.
I did find a good displace for the Russian Glider/Truck diorama the other day and I'll get back to that (figures, weathering/diorama base) starting on Saturday. Among the few display cases at the Container Store was one for cereal boxes (?) that is a perfect size.
If the day isn't too hot I'll finish the cabinets in the garage where the shelves had collapsed. By the time Lynne gets back the four foot stacks of magazines in the hall will be back in place and I'll be able to get back to work researching stuff for clients.
30 hits.
Tom e wrote:

Lynne must not have seen "Wayne's World"! :)
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Hell if I know. :-) I only check in a couple of times a week now from where I work. I am almost never on the home computer anymore. I work almost 2 hours away from home, so I don't get much done when I am home anymore, and modelling is way down the list for me. I have been playing my bass again, when I do have some spare time and I have any energy. I expect I will get back to models sometime. I need to setup a bench so if I just have 5-10 minutes I can actually build stuff, and not just get stuff set out and then run out of time.
I miss the days of the TPC and the Mon-Key here myself. Used to be more fun to be here, now mostly it is just informational at best,and mostly aircraft at that.
I did build a (gulp) airplane model this spring, just to show my new wife that I actually do build and not just collect. It was tough. and it was a bigger scale, a french WWI biplane that was on sale for really cheap. Not sure how you guys can build them all the time. Too many small parts for me. Course, I need to start building 1/8th scale cars if I hope to see the parts anymore. :-( Russ
Don Stauffer wrote:

This is one of the light years ahead groups.Alot of great questions & alot of''gee,can I do it this way?'' questions,very sencere around here.consider this group blessed.Has anyone ever gone over to the 8 track tape group?.Be prepared.
teem wrote:

Holy bat guano! There's a group for that? The only ones I ever bought were at yard sales.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

there's even an mp3 group for 8 tracks. not much traffic, but it's there.
russ wrote:

Oohhh, Yea! One thing I definitely do not miss is that long ride to and from work. I'm retired now. One time I lived only 10 minutes from work but that was too good to last and when I had to change jobs it was an hour each way. That is a lot of time cut out of your day. And then there is the matter of the cost of gas!! Maybe we don't want to go into that.
                            Bill Shuey

how many gold faucets did you buy for one of the saudi royal familys dog's out house? i think with diesel included, i'm at about 11.