What is happening to group

William H. Shuey wrote:

I used to live a couple of blocks from work, but it was uphill so I took the car. By the time I arrived at work, the starter was still winding down. :-)
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Priceless ;)

o.k.,i just know you guys are wondering about that 8 track group.all they do is flame each other-non stop!,someone tells his version on,say,8 track repair,then alot of thother posters JUMP on him!,saying hes F.O.S.,doesn't know what he's talking about.it's insane!,it was cute at first,but it got tiring.Any logical questions were few & far between.That would NEVER happen here!..right?.

nope, just like no one ever overcharges for shipping on ebay.
snipped-for-privacy@some.domain (e) writes:

Ebay, what the heck is that? Ah, spam filter's working :-)
--
Gernot Hassenpflug ( snipped-for-privacy@rish.kyoto-u.ac.jp) Tel: +81 774 38-3866
JSPS Fellow (Rm.403, RISH, Kyoto Uni.) Fax: +81 774 31-8463

How many purchases does one have to make to get spammed by EBay?...I've only made a few...
--
Trailer For Sale or Rent

Howdy,
You're probably right that eBay doesn't spam anyone purposely. However, I'm referring to spam filtering in the news groups -- where people do advertise links to their current eBay sales (or discuss, which is not in itself bad, just something I am not interested in spending imte on at the moment). And the same goes for email: I get spam mails about eBay, and they're not from eBay, nor are the unkown attachments and so forth. You get my point...
Cheers, Gernot
--
Gernot Hassenpflug ( snipped-for-privacy@rish.kyoto-u.ac.jp) Tel: +81 774 38-3866
JSPS Fellow (Rm.403, RISH, Kyoto Uni.) Fax: +81 774 31-8463
teem offered me a plate of cheese and whispered:

I have noticed disagreement and debate on this group. However, both sides have always seemed willing to listen to the other side's arguments and the disagreements have always seemed to end on a positive note. I have never seen any pushing and shoving on this group. Long may it stay that way!!!
--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.
Enzo Matrix wrote:

Huh? Are we reading the same newsgroup?!
Positive ending debates? Just wait 'til the next Presidential elections in the USA. You'll see the crap fly again!
Or, just search the r.m.s archives for about 2 years ago - all the OT political mud-flinging is still neatly archived. Nasty stuff!
Peteski
Peter W. offered me a plate of cheese and whispered:

Erm... there is that, I 'spose... but I was referring to the modelling debates. Most of the US political stuff goes over my head anyway, so I tend to skip over it.