What is needed for using PC pancake compressor

ok I have this pancake compressor and would like to start airbrushing. It includes an air regulator.

I've seen posts that say you can use these types of compressors with airbrushes. What do I need to set this up?

1) Is the regulator good enough that came with the compressor? 2) What do I use for a connection to the airbursh? Air tube from compressor is different size?

Anything else I might need?

Reply to
pope

What kind of airbrush? Paasche's usually come with a 1/4" NPT adaptor; you can get one for a Badger at most art supply stores.

I can't tell what you've got for a regulator. Most airbrush painting is done in the 20-25 psi range. You need the capability to go down to around 12 psi for intense camouflage. Other than that you're good to go. You can shut the compressor off after it fills up the tank and spray away.

hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

A lot of us use a lot less pressure than that. I use about 10-12 for gloss, 15 for flats. I use a second regulator right at my bench. Coleman sells a dandy little regulator/filter for a reasonable price- found at many hardware stores (it has gauges too). I think it runs about twenty bucks.

Also, many hobby shops do carry those 1/4 to airbrush fitting adapters. Don

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota