What is the best glue for clear plastic

I have started to build the Testors Visible Hemi. It requires many clear plastic pieces to be directly glued together. Not just on the edges but large areas up to one inch square that will show and have considerable stress on the joints. Whatever I use must dry clear without fogging. I tested Elmers, Crafters Pick, and Testors. The Elmers and Crafters Pick did not dry completely clear and not strong at all and the Testors, although better, seemed to have a yellow cast. Anyone have a better idea?

Reply to
unimodeler

White glue, or Microscale's Micro Kristal Klear.

Reply to
Serge D. Grun

Use Testors Liquid cement applied thru a syringe with a very fine needle. A company makes such a syringe just for this purpose. Its called the Touch-N-Flow applicator.

Scott

Reply to
Scott A. Bregi AKA The Model Hobbit

The best cement for this application that I've found is watch crystal cement. It does dry clear, will gap-fill somewhat and is strong to boot. I've been gettng my supply from a local model railroad store, but I think MicroMark sells the stuff as well.

Reply to
Michael Benolkin

I haven't tried watch crstal cement, though I've heard others swear by it, so it may be the best choice. I use Alene's Jewel-It, a very viscous white glue designed to glue jewels to fabric. While liquid, it behaves like the other white glues, though it is easier to lay down a precise bead because of the viscosity. It dries clear and very strong, and I have not noticed a tendency to yellow. It also gap-fills, but all shaping and smoothing must be done while it's liquid (working time is less than a minute) because it will not sand.

Jewel-It is carried by Micheal's, and perhaps by other art/craft stores.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Watch crystal cement - available from Micro Mark.

Reply to
Rufus