best glue for clear plastic

All,
What is the best glue for clear plastic?
Working on the Revell Phantom Mustang - the instructions reference a product
named
Contacta Special - which apparently is only available in Europe.
Being in Houston, need a locally available product.
Understand the cements / glues for clear plastic do not melt / weld the base
material - so
not sure that CA is appropriate either.
Thanks in advance for any and all recommendations.
Regards,
Doug
Reply to
Douglas R. Hortvet, Jr.
ase material - so
doesn't Testors make a clear plastic glue?
Craig
Reply to
crw59
material - so
Watch crystal cement - available from Micro Mark.
Rufus
material - so
Testor's Clear Parts Cement and Window Maker ** Posted from
**
Reply to
Larry Farrell
ase material - so
Hi there.
*DO NOT USE CA GLUE AS MOST OF THEM WILL FOG THE PLASTIC*!!!!!
Your friendly neighbourhood jeweler may be able to get you jewelers glue if you can't get it at your local hobby shop.
I'd test any glue on an inconspicuous spot first just to be sure.
Cheers from Peter
Reply to
TankBuilder2
Yep. #3515. It comes in the triangle shaped plastic bottle like their regular plastic glue, only the bottle is white instead of black..
Reply to
willshak
ase material - so
I either use Testors clear parts cement, or dip it in Future, let dry, then use standard modeling glue.
Reply to
eyeball
Everyone,
Thank You so much for sharing your experience and recommendations.
Being able to benefit from lessons learned by others is certainly preferred to experimenting with and risking damage to hard to impossible replace parts.
I will try the watch crystal cement and do my best.
Thanks again!
Regards,
Doug
"Douglas R. Hortvet, Jr." wrote:
material - so
Reply to
Douglas R. Hortvet, Jr.
base material - so
Watch crystal cement, you can get if at Hobby Lobby Stores, it is in the jewlery section.
Reply to
n329df