Wright Flyer/GE Jet Engine

KAPLOK! Who you calling a human! ;-)
[I swear to Kahless that is the only word I know! I even had to Google it to see if I spelled it right]
WmB
WmB
True. Unfortunately, Kilingons are a fictional creation and everyone gets up at the end of the shoot and goes home. Humans *may* be a fictional creation, but the evidence suggests otherwise.
RobG
Reply to
Rob Grinberg
Unfortunately, I misspelled it. It is with an A, Basler or something like that, or with a double-S or L. Harder to Google without the right spelling.
e wrote:
Reply to
Don Stauffer
i dunno, some of the dates i've had suggest klingons may be real. didn't know it was attached, indeed.
Even tho radials were retained on the Super DC-3 & C-117s, they were switched from 14 cyl. P & W 1830s to 9 cyl Wright 1820s
Reply to
famvburg
Except the aircarft in "Fate is the Hunter" was a DC-4, IIRC. Wonder if someone will come out with a conversion for the Mach 2 kit. :)
Reply to
famvburg
I think that (even though I'm buying one) most people are hoping for a MPM or Italeri C-54 rather than a conversion for the Mach 2 kit. :-)
Tom
Reply to
Maiesm72
According to my files (courtesy of Jane's circa 1985) BASLER TURBO CONVERSIONS, INC. U.S.A Company is associated with Basler Flight Service Inc. in Oshkosh WS and performs conversions of Douglas DC-3 airframes with Pratt & Whitney (Canada) PT6A-67R turboprop engines. Fuselage is stretched 8.3', wings strengthened and wingtips re-designed to improve stall characteristics. Lighter engines increase useful load.
HTH,
The Old Timer
increase useful load.
Didn't they also do a similar conversion/upgrade to a couple of Catalinas for a South or Central American airline??
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
Sounds like the doctor who gave me an exam the last time I was in for surgery. I'm surprised it still was attached after that.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Site Timeline