WTB: book on SB-2s

Friends, The British SAMI magazine of Oct.'04 p.965 has an advertisement for "Les Bombardiers Sovietiques SB-2"/"the SB-2 Bombers" Éditions TMA; Paris @ £41 incl. postage to the U.S. which is about US$74.00.... Does anyone have a used or new copy of it at a more reasonable price for me in the U.S./Meechigan???---- Bill Brown -o- Marrón el Rojinegro ¡Sí me quieres escribir, ya sabes mi paradero!

Reply to
William M. Brown

Hello from someone who happens to be in Paris: maybe I can help? Books here are more expensive than the US but I can see what I can do. To reply to me by email change domain name from neuf.com to neuf.fr

Seb

Reply to
Seb

Guys,

There is another book on the Tuplolev SB sourced in Russia- I've been trying to find the details , but no luck so far - I'll keep looking.

I also note that Squadron Signal are doing one - also called Tuplolev SB-2 !!!

One little nit-pick though....

Why do all the western publishers persist in calling it the 'SB-2' - it is NOT!!!!

The correct title is Tupolev SB - from the Russian words 'Skorostnoi Bombardirovschik' - Fast Bomber.

The -2 is added to denote the engine type e.g -2M-100, -2HS, -2M-103 etc. denoting that it has, respectively M-100, Hispano-Suiza, M-103 engines fitted.

So the correct designation should be SB-2M-103 or SB-2HS or SB-2M-103 etc.

It is either an SB or an SB-2(engine type) - but NOT SB-2 !!!

Rant off....

Don't get me started on the Junkers Ju-52!!!

Ken

Reply to
Ken Duffey

Found it !!

It is by Russian author Maslov - so it should be the def> Seb wrote:

Reply to
Ken Duffey

Blame Frog. It was listed as an SB-2 on the box. Before that most of us modellers were unaware of the craft (at least on this side of the pond). Airfix did the same for us with the Il-2 as I'd never heard of it before that kit arrived here. I, of course, had to have one immediately! I think parts are still in the spares box.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller