WTB: Fax File #10

I tried Av Usk. They advertise it but they never delivered on my order of six months ago.

Thanks.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

Are they still in business? Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Yeah, some dudes in Nebraska bought it off of Tom and the wife. The last time I ordered from them it took about five months but they filled 95 percent of the order. Works if you're not in a hurry. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

The trouble is, most of their line is aftermarket stuff. You need it when you need it. I don't care to wait for five months. Jadar and Hannant's have a quick turn around time, and I don't have time to wait until he he get his spring wheat planted and he decides he has enough back orders to get a shipment from his wholesaler. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

I used to buy from Av Usk all the time. The original folks were legendary for the slowness of their order fulfillment, but I always eventually got everything. I figured that the change of management would have improved service, but it seems to be the main part of the business model the new guys copied without change. The Nebraska folks have also always sent everything I've ordered, but I've found there are reliable (and in some cases cheaper) alternatives that are twenty times faster (Hannants, ABE Books for literature, NKR Models, just for starters), so I can't be bothered with Av Usk anymore.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert