WW1 models

The only models I have found are that of the aircraft, but I am looking for infantry figures.

I realise I can, perhaps, use WW2 and Vietnam kit Australian troops (thanks to the slouch hat), but Turk and German troops seem to be non-existent.

Emhar makes tanks, infantry and artillery for British and germans.

Revell has Germans.

Airfix, HaT, and BUM all have US, British, French and German infantry.

HaT makes Turks, Russians, Austro-Hungarians, and ANZACS (i think, they may be for WWII, I'm not positive). Also, some British arty.

Somebody else (forget the company name) is also making Ft-17s in a variety of varients.

Dearly wish Revell of someone would do the French 1897 and 155, but none that I know about to date.

Check plasticsoldierreview.com for some reviews etc. Great site.

Reply to
SamVanga

A British company called Scale Link used to offer an extensive line of 1/32 scale metal figures of WW 1 subjects. Don't know if they're still around, but you could do a web search. If you want 1/35th scale, you will have to scratchbuild or convert. ICM offered some 1/35th scale French and Prussian styrene figures of the 1870 war, which could be updated to 1914 with some effort. There are also soft plastic figures in smaller scales of WW1 subjects from European manufacturers, though these can be difficult to paint and detail. GPO

Reply to
Lafimprov

That website did the trick.

Model Cellar in the U.S. produces 1/35th W.W. I figures for U.S. and German soldiers, along with some trench pieces. Squadron Mail Order stocks and sells them.

Reply to
Steve

One more producer is Ted Dyer, aka the Japanese Armor King. He makes W.W. I soldier figures,

I saw these figures at his dealer table at the AMPS show in April in Havre de Grace Maryland last year and the year before. They looked amazing with clean casting and great detail.

HTH,

Reply to
Steve

As already pointed out, "Scale Link" had an extensive line of WWI figures, as well as accessories, and white-metal kits of vehicles. (They had a beautiful FT-17). Now, "Scale Link" is no longer around, but there should be plenty still available; since they made a "bazillion" different releases.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

You may also want to get a subscription to ESM 72, especially Vol.6, #3 which covered WWI aircraft and Vol.6,#4 which covered all other WWI subjects.

At last count (which includes updates in Vol.7, #1 and #2) there were 1,142 WWI aircraft and about 1,400 other WWI subjects in 1/72 scale. Many are currently available, other must be hunted down. Wargaming supply sources are often a good place to look.

Subscription information to ESM 72 available be contacting us at the e-mail address above.

Good luck.

Tom & Lynne Young MAI/ESM 72

Reply to
Maiesm72

RPM? Rob Gronovius Visit my motor pool in the

gallery

Reply to
Rob Gronovius