WWII Movie - Fantastic Diorama Idea...

this movie has all the makings of a great air battle.

match up a 1/32 Zero and the recent Revell snap together dinosaur..

a must see movie for me and the boy this Saturday night.

Craig

crw59

on 4/15/2008 5:46 PM snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net said the following:

It couldn't be more anachronistic than the movie "Pearl Harbor".

Reply to
willshak

did they even find the right century? "fire photon torpedos, cp'n!"

Reply to
someone

on 4/15/2008 7:07 PM snipped-for-privacy@some.domain said the following:

What was the name of that movie where a modern US Navy aircraft carrier goes through a time warp and finds itself in the Pacific on December

7th, 1941?
Reply to
willshak

The Final Countdown

eyeball

with the amazing accuracy of History channel thrown in? For that matter, I wouldn't be surprised to see it on History channel, in a triple feature with Pearl Harbor and Midway,between repeats of Ax- men, Ice Road Truckers,and the latest breakthroughs in the search for bigfoot ;)

Reply to
eyeball

remember it but never saw it. looked TOO stupid.

Reply to
someone

midway is ok, but the rest i agree. i couldn't take 5 full minutes of that ax-hole show.

Reply to
someone

is movie has all the makings of a great air battle.

oh yeah, but to a 10 year old boy, the SciFi channel monster movies are the best ever. Can we add "The Longest Day" to your list? Way too hard to listen to 3 hours of speeches. Love the scenes on the beach where there are roughly 100 soldiers on the beach. Also about

4995 ships short of the 5000 used in the invasion.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

That be the one. Thanks.

Reply to
willshak

on 4/15/2008 8:11 PM snipped-for-privacy@some.domain said the following:

It was a good sci-fi, what-if, movie

Reply to
willshak

eyeball wrote: : : Will this be down to sci-fi channels usual high standards? Perhaps : Hey, now, it isn't "up to standards" unless "the Lou" is in it. Where did he go, anyway? : : with the amazing accuracy of History channel thrown in? : What is wrong with the History Channel that the mute button can fix? : : For that matter, I wouldn't be surprised to see it on History channel, : in a triple feature with Pearl Harbor and Midway,between repeats of Ax- : men, Ice Road Truckers,and the latest breakthroughs in the search for : bigfoot ;) : Hey, now, IRT and Axmen is interesting. I have to say, however, that Ax is very disappointing when it comes down to the creativity of their swearing. Perhaps there is something to be said for a 5th grade education...

But, in all seriousness, I have noticed that the milk I buy is no longer in plastic, but back in cardboard. Apparently it is cheaper to make cardboard containers than plastic ones. Which is fine with me, I would prefer my milk avoid as much light as possible. My beer, too...

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

the premise was so old and hacknyed i didn't bother. i've read too much scifi. so it's very hard to attract my attention. most of this stuff i could have written in my sleep. what made this one stand out?

Reply to
someone

get rady for the return of the metal toothpaste tube. i didn't think we would commercially mine land fills until the 2040's.... make that the end of this decade.

Reply to
someone

I haven't seen any milk in cardboard cartons, but I buy a gallon at a time. It's still plastic everywhere I shop.

Reply to
willshak

the scene where the F14s were dogfighting with the Zeros....that was pretty cool....

Reply to
duane cole

The blurb reminds me of those old DC war comix where the Haunted Tank was fighting a Stegosaurus......

Reply to
The Old Man

The Sci-Fi Channel doesn't actually seem to be able to do scence-fiction movies well at all.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I have another diorama idea which features a Zero. I have a book on the Pearl Harbor attack. There was an incident for which no photo is available, but someone did a drawing of. An element of Zeros strafed Honululu airport and a Hawaian Airlines DC-3 loading passengers at the terminal.

Another fascinating thing about the attack, which was verified as true, was that the first Zero started a fire in the DC-3 cockpit, but the second Zero, also strafing the front of the plane, hit a CO2 extinquisher, which then put the fire out!

I am intending to do the diorama in 1:144 so it will not be too big.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

I actually like midway, but to an airplane buff like me, it's a mess. I saw it in the theater, complete with sensaround.

Reply to
eyeball