WWII Movie - Fantastic Diorama Idea...

I don't think they try too hard intentionally. There has to be a place for B movies, and SciFi is the place. These movies are important to the art. You have to have women always failling down when being chased, you are required to stop and look back when being chased, you are required to enter a dark room alone and without turning the light on... that is what makes them fun....oh and don't forget the braless girls in t-shirts too. A little something for everyone.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

...and when being chased by a car, always have the victim run down the middle of the street. Don't have him/her duck into an alley, or get out of the path of the car.

Reply to
willshak

and if they're hit, the must fly at least 20 feet.

Reply to
someone

and get up and run without any sign of injury

Reply to
eyeball

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote: : : get rady for the return of the metal toothpaste tube. : At least it will stay rolled up... : : i didn't think we would commercially mine land fills until the 2040's.... : make that the end of this decade. : I dunno. I KNOW I sent a lot of 8' flourescent tubes to the landfill/dump, each with that special drop of mercury. I always smile when I hear the greenies promoting the use of flourescent bulbs... :-)

But, yeah, I expect there are some real "treasures" in the old landfilles/dumps. Question is, what do you do with the rest of the stuff? A quick way to end this scheme is to make the "miners" responsible for safely disposing of the "not so wonderful" bits.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

compost the organics, slavage everything else. everything can be recycled if you work at it.

Reply to
someone

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Bruce

rden =A0 =A0Austin, TX.

Being an older phart who attended some of the local Love Canal hearings and watched some of the rest on TV back in the day, I remember how ALL the hearings were open and public - that is until one really old timer got up and testified before thne hearing chairman on how he, as a kid during WW 2, saw some guys "in uniform" dumping

55gal. drums into the canal and driving away. Immediatley the session was closed, cameras turn off and the rest of the hearings done privately. I often wondered what that guy saw. Chemicals from nerve gas production? Lots of chemical companies were in that area back then. Radioactives from the Manhatten Project? We HAVE some of those buried not too far from Love Canal in another township and radioactives WERE used in a local steel mill - without informing the laborers. Or maybe something else entirely; the question is what? I guess we'll never know.
Reply to
The Old Man

I'll bet one of those Aegis-class destroyers that were at Pearl Harbor could have blown those pterodactyls right out of the sky with its Phalanx gun system and Standard missiles. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Actually, the F-14s taking on the Zeros was fun to watch.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery