2006 SP5 pos

For the 3rd time now in the 2 days since I installed SP5 I'm getting "Failed to save document" error when trying to save my assembly. Guess I'll close out again and re-do whatever I just did since the last successful save. Going to roll back to SP4 next week unless I take a chance & install 2007. Anyone else notice this problem w/ SP5?

Reply to
bszotko

haven't seen the problem here.

bill

Reply to
bill allemann

I have been running SP5 on SW06 since it came online, a couple weeks now I guess. No problems here, it runs just fine.

Regards,

Anna Wood

Reply to
Anna Wood

Are you working off the network?

Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

We have a small network, no server & all my files are local on my computer

Dev> Are you working off the network?

Reply to
gszotko

I'm not noticing the 'fail to save error', but i did notice on two of my installations that since SP5.0, i get incorrect shaded display, when i bring something that hidden back to 'show' status. surfaces are see-thru, and highlight faces shows boundaries skewed somewhere else in space, very annoying graphical issues. hitting rebuild fixes it up, but still, this never happened before.

just re-inforces my commitment to CANCEL our subcription service for 1 year to see if SolidWorks can get its head out of its own arse and put quality ahead of new useless features.

Reply to
prelude76

(Resending this)

I have seen that in the past, but I don't know that I can tie it to SP5. I think I have seen it longer ago than SP5 has been available, but not sure. I had always surmised that it was somehow tied to a network communication error, since the files are generally in our PDM system.

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Check your disk space, clear your temp directories and call me in the morning

Corey

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to
CS