Animation "pumping" in PR2

Anyone else can verify this?!?!

I have a 38sec animation (with PW2) of our coil handling equiptment, wich renders out nicely with 2003 SP 3.1. I have tryed to calculate it with SP4.0 and it stalls when it's ~50% done (after nicely used ~24hours)... but that's not the "main" problem...

2004 PR2 manages to render the whole thing, but now my animation has a pumping efect... this is ofcourse cause of the perspective settings, but I have gotten round this by using eight small cubes, that are positioned outside of the model forming a cube around the model, and preventing the animation to "pump"...

now my opinnion is that 2004PR2 doesn't calculate these little cubes at all, because their material setting is practically invisible... wich is good, if you think of performance... but when SW offers limited animation capabilities, when we have to work our butts off to get some stupid pumping effect to dissappear, and then they take the "only" effective mean away, it starts to piss me off...

anyone else having problems with 2003 Sp4 and large animations... I'm aware of that lightweight PW2 memory hole... It's not the reason here...

anyone else having the problem with animation pumping in 2004 PR2...

or is it just me....

-Arto

Reply to
Arto Kvick
*Bangin my head to the desk... to the keyboard... banging my head with the keyboard*

...how CAN I BE this stupid... newer ever I tought of trying to set camera path as "fixed" by giving it two same points for the whole time...

...so if you experience animation "pumping" with "stabile" camera... just give it a fixed path and thats it, no pumping, no extra movements...