Move Part Crash

I have consistantly noticed that when I CTD I am ALMOST ALWAYS moving a part in an assembly that is partially constrained. The problem is that almost all the time I can move a partially constrained part without a crash so from a VAR's perspective it isn't very easy to repeat.

Has anyone else noticed this and is it better in 2004 SP2.1b ?

Thanks.

Dan

2003 SP 4.0 Compaq EVO4000 2.0 ghz Pentium 1 Gig RAM NVIDIA 550 XP Pro Blocks with Holes machine design
Reply to
Dan Kanfoush

No one else is seeing this ? Does this sound like a video card problem ?

Thanks.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Kanfoush

Happens to me all the time. Started noticing it when we upgraded to 2003. I just make sure I've saved before moving part, or I use smartmates.

Kurt

Reply to
KurtG

A couple of things to try.

1.) Clean out your C:\Documents and Settings\yourlLogin\Local Settings\Temp directory.

2.) Right-Click on your desktop and select Properties, Settings, Advanced, TroubleShooting. Set the Hardware acceleration to None.

If neither of these helped download the latest driver for your video card.

Reply to
SWuser