animation: rotation and translation

Is there a way one can simulate 2 motions: translation and rotation simultaneously? I have a problem in which I am trying to move a cylindrical part inside an inclined (45 deg) pipe. I want to simulate translation (along the axis of the pipe) and rotation (perpendicular to the axis of the pipe).

Thanks!

Reply to
sid

I don't know the answer to your question but can suggest how you might clarify the problem.

Is there a mechanism mating the part to the pipe?

Are you applying two motive forces, or is there one force + gravity?

The level (i.e. entry vs. premium) of your Solidworks installation will significantly affect your chances of solving this type of problem.

I would consider invoking mass, gravity, friction and collision detection.

Reply to
johnsuth

Are you the same guy who posted about another animation?

Anyhow were you trying to do something like this...

Is there a way one can simulate 2 motions: translation and rotation

Reply to
paul

Hi, I saw the video on this animation.

I'm trying to move an object using "pathmate". I set the path and change the distance and it works. But when I add the option of pitch/ yaw, it doesn't. Do you think you can help me with this?

Thanks, tony

Reply to
jzamarr2

Tony,