Anyone have a file search by property app?

I'm looking for something that will search files for search terms in custom properties.

For instance, like many, we use custom properties for all title block info, and I'd like to be able to search folders for files containing properties of whatever name I choose, lets say MATERIAL and lets say a value of 4140 PRE HEAT TREAT. It would also be nice to be able to add more search conditions.

(Word can do this but you cannot use the output in any way as far as I can tell.)

It would be n ice to be able to print, or cut and paste this list.

--Matt Schroeder

Reply to
Matt Schroeder

SolidWorks Explorer will do this.

JJ

Reply to
JJ

I know it will, but it is painfully slow and the interface is more than dreadful.

There has to be a third party program somewhere.

--Matt Schroeder

Reply to
Matt Schroeder

Check our "GeniusExplorer" addin :

properties search is also slow since you have to read every file... Another project called
lists all properties (including config-specific) in XML files. I might implement a search engine based on this technology if you have some money left ;-)

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti