API: Getting view or model referenced by New BOMtable

I can't find any way to figure out which view is referenced by the new bom
table. I first thought it would be an object of the view that was selected
when it was created but it seems that it is a part of the sheet view. My
goal is actually to access the model that is referenced through the bom. I
see there is a way to get the config or configs that are referenced but
nothing for the Model or the View that are referenced. Anyone?
Corey
Reply to
CS
Have you tried using the BOM.GetFeature? I haven't tried it, but you might be able to then get the name of the feature. Could that feature be the model or view?
Evan
Reply to
Evan T. Basalik
This is the debug string I got from the following
Set bomf = ThisAnnotation.BomFeature Set feat = bomf.GetFeature Debug.Print feat.Name
Bill Of Materials1
so it appears that BomFeature is only giving access to the Feature object of the Bom
Though earlier I tried Feat.getparents and it came up with one object but when I tried to use it as a view I got a type mismatch.....OOOOHHH.....
Ahhhh....I passed the object to a feature and it's name is the referenced model. Thank you Evan for invoking this thought process.
Corey
Reply to
CS
Darn it. After looking closer I found that the feature returned as the parent feature is the drawing itself (Which is in this case the same as the model.) Using it would be a safe bet for most of our drawings but I don't want to rely on most of the time. I may resort to using the view specified in sheet props until I can find a clean way of getting the View used to create the BOM.
Corey
Reply to
CS