Aren't you glad Solidworks ...

... doesn't freeze it's Parasolid license because it's owned by the parent of Solid Edge?

Pitiful.

Reply to
BlaqueSheep

For a while (c. 2003), SW's parasolid was actually ahead of UG's. When exporting parasolid for use in UG, the SW export options had to be set to an earlier version of parasolid.

Reply to
That70sTick

Not true. These were tier 1 automotive suppliers using the latest version at the time.

Reply to
That70sTick

It's been this way forever. If they wanted to pull the plug, they would have done it a long time ago. I don't think UG/Parasolid has any interest in pulling the plug. It would be a large revenue loss for them and it wouldn't serve any purpose.

Reply to
KMaren

hehe. What do jb, AughtaDesk mechanical cad and the Pheonix all have in common? They all go down in flames and are reborn from the ashes periodically. jb wins on frequency but AughtaDesk wins on body count.

Reply to
BlaqueSheep

FWIW:

meanderin

Simple formula: I called the customer to see what they were using. Far more effective than the half-informed guess.

Reply to
That70sTick