auto relief - sheetmetal

Cannot get autorelief to work. Any suggestions??

Reply to
thestew

I cannot seem to get the auto relief to work, I am using an edge flange on a formed part. I add the oblong auto relief but when you look at the part it isn,t there, whats up? any suggestions????

Reply to
thestew

A couple ideas for you. Change the relief ratio in the sheet metal or edge flange definition. Check that the edge flange definition is calling for the auto relief. In the part file, right click flat pattern, edit feature and check corner treatment. SW is not always consistent in it's relief's. I had one yesterday where an edge flange relief was different than a miter flange relief with exactly the same set-up.

Normally SW does a good job for me on the reliefs and I get what I want, but every once in a while something gets screwed up. I do sheet metal every day, and auto relief has been good, but not always great going back to SW99. I added a notes to my sheet metal prints years ago that says "Bend relief may vary from shown."

Good luck, Diego

Reply to
Diego