Auxilary View

SW2003

Is there a way to make an auxillary view that is allong an edge instead of perpendicular to it. I have had many times that I have no perpendicular reference for the view I want but I had a Parallel one. I remember in school we projected along a line more often than perpendicular to one.

Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich

You can project off of a sketched line that is perpendicular to the edge you want to use.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

That is probably what I will end up doing. I will use a section view though because the sketch line will go away then.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

I would still use the aux view. You should be able to hide the sketch line that you projected off of.

Reply to
SWuser

Corey,

You can draw a line and make it perpendicular, parallel, at an angle, etc, and use that to project your auxiliary views from.

Hope this helps, Seth Renigar

Reply to
Seth Renigar

That makes alot of sense. We don't have much need for auxilary views here maybe 8 drawings a year. So I don't deal with them all that often. But knowing that will help me think in advance in the future. The drawing in question was a simple part with an angled cut. In this case a section was adequate.

Thanks, Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich