Auxilary View

SW2003
Is there a way to make an auxillary view that is allong an edge instead of
perpendicular to it. I have had many times that I have no perpendicular
reference for the view I want but I had a Parallel one. I remember in
school we projected along a line more often than perpendicular to one.
Corey Scheich
Reply to
Corey Scheich
You can project off of a sketched line that is perpendicular to the edge you want to use.
Reply to
Dale Dunn
That is probably what I will end up doing. I will use a section view though because the sketch line will go away then.
Corey
Reply to
Corey Scheich
I would still use the aux view. You should be able to hide the sketch line that you projected off of.
Reply to
SWuser
Corey,
You can draw a line and make it perpendicular, parallel, at an angle, etc, and use that to project your auxiliary views from.
Hope this helps, Seth Renigar
Reply to
Seth Renigar
Use the aux view off of the sketch entity. You can't hide and show features as hidden or show or hide sketches in a section view. You can also change the configuration of an aux view if needed. Aux view is much easier to work with
Corey Scheich wrote:
Reply to
1
That makes alot of sense. We don't have much need for auxilary views here maybe 8 drawings a year. So I don't deal with them all that often. But knowing that will help me think in advance in the future. The drawing in question was a simple part with an angled cut. In this case a section was adequate.
Thanks, Corey Scheich
> Use the aux view off of the sketch entity. You can't hide and show > features as hidden or show or hide sketches in a section view. You can > also change the configuration of an aux view if needed. Aux view is > much easier to work with > > Corey Scheich wrote: > > > That is probably what I will end up doing. I will use a section view though > > because the sketch line will go away then. > > > > Corey > >

Corey Scheich