Can't run your XP Programs on Vista? Yes you can!

I had problems getting some of my CAD Programs to run on
Vista. Solidworks suggested that the users purchase the Vista version.
Well anyway I'm too f#@#in' cheap to do that. So I found that this
works pretty well.
1. Right-click the executable file (i.e. ProgName.exe) and select
properties.
2. Select the Compatibility tab.
3. Select Run this program in compatibility mode for: (Windows XP
(Service Pack 2) or whatever OS that you were using).
4. Select Disable Desktop Composition.
5. Select Run this program as an administrator.
This allowed me to run the program just fine. It has worked on two
programs that just weren't working on Vista.
Reply to
techrat

Site Timeline