Change file properties across multiple files

I can't find a tool that will allow me to change a custom property (in a
drawing file for example) across multiple files. Not ADD a custom property,
but change it. I've found several that can add properties. A typical
drawing package for me could be upwards of 30 individual drawing files. If
those all change status (from 'To Be Approved' to 'Production' for example),
I believe that I have to change that property one by one in each file--not
very productive.
Does such a tool exist? Thank you in advance,
Brian
Reply to
Brian Mears
yes, this tool DOES exist. you might even have it already. the one that good ol' bob z. uses doesn't allow you to change a property. you have to delete the property first and then add it back in. a pain yes, but it does work.
bob z.
Reply to
bob zee
HE LIVES!!!
Wow! Long time no here from (or is it just me?). I missed you buddy. How come so sparse?
Muggs
Reply to
Muggs
Two things that might help:
1.) "Propagator", available at
2.) Macro available at -- This one allows copying info to active SW doc from another. Sometimes I'll build a scratch template SW part to hold properties and copy to other parts.
Reply to
TheTick
Try this. It's free too.
Ken
Reply to
Ken Maren
This is the program bob zee was talking about.
mrcswp
Ken Maren wrote:
Reply to
mrcswp