Change Properties problem

I'm not sure what happened, but when I do a change property via the menu button and change a property such as linetype, it changes the
current linetype setting instead of just the item I select. It used to change only the item I selected. I'm using Architectural Desktop 2002. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. K