CREATE A SOLIDWORKS PORPERTY WITH MULTIPLE PROPERTIES

I would like to have a colum in my BOM that calls in multiple properties, ie: the material type, specification, description etc. I would like it to appear as a sngle string of text. I understand you can do this if you are using an excel BOM but I want to use a BOM template. I have been told that you can create a property that will call in a number of diffewrent properties then I can call that one in to my BOM.

Does anyone know the string or operaters required to string together multiple properties?

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

Sorry about the shouting

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

I give up. I have been trying a variety of things to accomplish this and I am coming up empty. Anyone else?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

You can do this with swCP. There is a Caveat that swCP won't read some system based CPs.

You could also do this with a macro in some cases.

Steve Re> I would like to have a colum in my BOM that calls in multiple properties,

Reply to
TOP

Thanks for the help.

By swCP you mean SW custom properties? I need to know the operators or text string to join together multiple properties in the property string.

Steve R

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

You have to do this in the part (or assembly) itself. There you can create in the Properties a new property (e.g. "multiple"). As value you can call other properties in one string e.g.: $PRPSHEET:"Description" " snipped-for-privacy@test.SLDPRT"

If you have a property "Description" with value "Block" and your material is

6061 Alu, the value of this "multiple" column in the BOM table will be "Block 6061 Alu".

\/\/im

"Steve Reinisch" schreef in bericht news:tZudnb86w7GQahvZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@magma.ca...

Reply to
\/\/im

If you search the NG for greenhex you will find it here. Get it and print out the documentation and read it. There is a section on how to do this.

Steve Re> Thanks for the help.

Reply to
TOP

This works somewhat:

if I use the string $PRP:"ASTM", " snipped-for-privacy@DE10018-1.SLDPRT", "STOCK" the first ASTM comes in the SW material comes in but it does not recognize the STOCK property.

or this: $PRP:"ASTM", "STOCK" the second property is not recognized.

Any help???

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

I have a custom property, "description", in part and assembly files for this. It's assembled from the custom properties DESC1 and DESC2.

This format should work in other properties called up by the BOM.

$PRP:"DESC1" $PRP:"DESC2"

Learned it here - love the help.

Diego

Reply to
Diego

thanks for the help. Got it figured out about 30 sec before your post

$PRP:"ASTM", $PRP:"STOCK", $PRP:"MATERIAL TYPE", $PRP:"MATERIAL" etc etc

Note that you have to be carefull with spaces.

Reply to
Steve Reinisch