Change in different settings result in same API code.

Hello,

I recorded a macro which I used to set the value of some settings. I changed this setting: Tools -> Options -> System Settings -> Drawings

-> display sketch arc centerpoints

-> display sketch entity points

the macro shows this line: swApp.SetUserPreferenceToggle swDisplayEntityPoints, False swApp.SetUserPreferenceToggle swDisplayArcCenterPoints, False

But I also changed this setting: Tools -> Options -> System Settings -> Sketch

-> display arc centerpoints in.......

-> display entity points in.......

the macro shows this line: swApp.SetUserPreferenceToggle swDisplayEntityPoints, true swApp.SetUserPreferenceToggle swDisplayArcCenterPoints, true

THESE ARE THE SAME?!(except for the value).

As you can see, he does record the change of the value, but if I want to use this code to change a setting, I don't know which one is changed

if I use this statement.

Has anyone seen this before???

Thanx

Reply to
jjzwaard

API calls are frequently not mapped exactly to the user interface. Sometimes the API is not opened up the command in the GUI that you want and sometimes the API call accomplishes something in a way different from the GUI.

If you can find an example in the help there will frequently be explanations of what something does. This is inconsistently done so it is no guarantee. You might also look in help at the enumerations for swDisplayEntityPoints, etc. to see what all the possibilities are.

Also, historically, snipped-for-privacy@solidworks.com will answer questions like this where snipped-for-privacy@solidworks.com might refer you to your VAR.

Reply to
TOP