Change 'config in use' into 'use named config' using API

Hello,

I'm working on a macro that has to change the individual sub-assy's configuration. But the assy's are patterned using a linear pattern. Also the assy's in the pattern need a different configuration, but these are set to 'use components in used or last saved configuration'. To be able to change the configuration that's being used, I have to change this setting into 'Use named configuration'. Does anyone know how to change this setting using API??

Please help!

Kind regards,

J.J. Zwaard

Reply to
JJZ

You should just be able to select the component and then set the configuration.

Or, am I just not understanding your question....

Evan

Reply to
Evan T. Basalik

You can do that for each individual component that is not used in a (linear) pattern, but not with the components in a pattern. I also asked SW API-support and they said that it's not possible yet to change the component's configuration from components used in a pattern. So I created a work-around by dissolving the patterns and then change it. This is possible.

Kind regards,

JJ

Reply to
JJZ