compare 2 configuration

Hello,

Anybody an idea how to compare 2 configuration in file file with each other?

I would like to transfer the changes made in one configuration into another one without deleting and renaming.

I could not find it. Is it possible?

Johnny

Reply to
sssjonnie

Hey Johnny,

Search this NG for a thread called "Creating a golf ball". There was some good discussion.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

?? What do yuo mean? I don't see the relevance on this subject with the golf ball issue.

Reply to
sssjonnie

Well, that's because I'm an idiot and replied to the wrong post. Does that help?

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Johnny

How about saving a copy of the configuration under a different name and then inserting the original configuration and the copy into a new assembly, superimposing one above the other for comparison.

Eddy

Reply to
Areva

You could save one configuration under a different name and then use SolidWorks "Utilities" to compare the geometry. SolidWorks "Utilities" comes with office.

If you don't have office save one configuration as different name and then put both into an assembly and make either or transparent.

Thirdly I have a macro somewhere that compares dimensions between different configs and puts the dimension names and their values that are different into an Excel spreadsheet. It does have a rather dangerous button that sets all dimensions to be equal to the first config in the list. Email me if want a copy, I'll try to find it I haven't used it in a year or so.

John Layne

John Layne