DesginTable API Question

I'm writting a macro that inserts a design table from an Excel file using: Part.InsertFamilyTableOpen "designtable.xls" which works for the most part.

This is basically the same as clicking "Insert->DesignTable->from File". However, When you do this maunally there is a check box that says "Link to file" which I believe sets the DesignTable.LinkedToFile property to "True".

Would anyone have any idea how to set this property in a macro?

Set DesignTable.LinkedToFile = True doesn't work. :-(

TIA

Reply to
George

George,

Just use the following without the "Set" before "DesignTable.LinkTofile". The LinkToFile property is a boolean (true/false), therefore you don't need to use "Set"

DesignTable.LinkToFile = TRUE

Steve

Reply to
Stef

Thanks, but... that doesn't seem to work either.

"DesignTable.LinkToFile = TRUE" returns "Object doesn't support this property or method"

:-(

If I understand things correctlly.... DesignTable is the Object, and LinkTofile is the property.

Where DesignTable is (in this case) defined by "Set DesignTable = Part.GetDesignTable". Part is defined by "Set Part = swApp.ActiveDoc"

Am I missing something stupid here?

Reply to
George

Never mind.......

It's a SolidWorks problem. I've been banging my head thinking I was doing something wrong.

New SPR written:

229614 - Unable to set a design table to be linked to a spread sheet

Thanks for all the help anyways.

Reply to
George