Design table in excel keeps rewriting itself???

Hi All,

I have a pretty simple but complicated design table, all it does is hide or show a bunch of parts and suppress or unsuppress a sequence of mates.

What keeps happening is that for example a column that is titled 'show@somepart' has below it a sequence of Y or N for each configuration depending on if I want it visible or not. It works for awhile then somehow the whole column will be re-written with all Y's.

Weird eh? If you've seen this before please let me know.

Thanks

Zander

Reply to
Zander

Thanks Dale,

Yes my table is set to allow user edits and I knew about that. The thing that is weird about this is it's occuring when I've changed nothing in the assembly at all. I was just working on it's associated drawing. ie. I didn't change the visibility of any parts.

Dale Dunn wrote in news:Xns93B1CB80DA588daledunnatjamestoolc@65.24.7.50:

Reply to
Zander

Ok, that's wierd. Perhaps we should start saving backups of our design tables.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I have always done that just in case.

Especially if the DT is a large complex one.

Scott

Reply to
Scott

It occured to me to try protecting the workbook and then locking the cells that I know will never change. But I havn't had a chance to try it.

Zander

Dale Dunn wrote in news:Xns93B25AB5A8193daledunnatjamestoolc@65.24.7.50:

Reply to
Zander