DirectX Interaction

I found a few posts on this board that that ask about SolidWorks support / conversion to DirectX over OpenGL. This question is a bit different.

Has anyone tried, (ok, I'll be really optimistic here) or found a good way to go from a SolidWorks part or assembly file to a DirectX mesh (.x) file? I'm looking to use SolidWorks models in a separate DirectX based application.

-Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

Matthew,

At the nuts & bolts level, all triangle based mesh files are the same, (display list tesselation, STL, VRML, etc).

You can probably find a converter to go from STL to DirectX mesh.

Mark

Reply to
MM

Mark,

Thanks for the quick reply. I actually already went the route through STL (should have included that in the original post) and into DirectX but STL loses display attributes like color. Will take a look at VRML to see if that lets me get into DirectX with additinal info.

-Matthew

Reply to
Matthew