Driven dimensions in spreadsheet

Is there a way to get a driven dimension linked to a cell in a spreadsheet. The lenght of that part is based on the distance between two other parts.

When I click on the properties the name of the dimesion is greyed out and the read only checkbox is checked.

Thanks in Advance Troy

Reply to
mmiami

IIRC the design tables cannot read reference dimensions that are not part of a feature or sketch. So you'll need to make a sketch and use convert entities to make a dimension to be read into the DT.

If the design table is set to update to model changes, it should work. I haven't tried this since 2003, so hopefully I remember correctly and it hasn't changed in 04 or 05.

Reply to
Dale Dunn