Question on the 3d sketch tutoral

I am working on the 3d sketch tutorial and I am having a hard time trying to dimension a circle. I can change the dia with out any problem but I am trying to move the center point 11mm on the X axis and just can not seem to figure out how. I am coming from TurboCad and I can tell you I am extremely impressed by SW. Thanks for any help

Reply to
David Scribler

you are moving the circle, not just a ctr point.

I don't even bother putting turbocad on my resume. what a MASSIVE load of crap that is.

Reply to
Laz

I come from 2D CAD package background too, and my impression is that you need to think dimensions. Dimensions seem to drive things where you want them. I was using to picking something up, then moving it x,y to a new place.

Try adding a dimension from a fully defined point (edge,face whatever) to the centre of the circle, and entering the correct distance for the dimension.(Edit the circle sketch, add smart dimension) That should work...

Reply to
me

Frankly I am not a draftsmen I am being forced into it. I am a programmer by proffesion. The last time I looked at a cad system before I started this was in 86 so Turbocad looked pretty good to me :) Solidworks is light years ahead of it. It does so much for you that it is down right scary. I am working on the hinge tutorial now.

Reply to
David Scribler