Dynamic highlight turning off

I know this has been turning itself off over the years with not a hint at why. But recently it was way worse on my machine - it would go off every
minute. I finally figured out that it was my SpacePilot that was causing it! Every time I manipulated the model with my controller, it would uncheck the setting.
I restarted SW - no change. I rebooted the machine - no change. I updated the 3DConnexion driver to 3.6.7 - that did it.
I am on XP64 SW2008 SP4.0.
WT
It must be related to XP64. I don't have that problem with XP32. I know SW will turn this off if you import a model that has a bunch of faces to it.
Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Well, now this isn't fixed. I couldn't prove it yesterday, but today even with the latest driver, any motion with the controller will turn it off. Rats!
WT

Looks like I failed to update this thread here.
I have since found out that calibrating the controller fixed the problem. Apparently it was off just enough to not realize that I had stopped moving and turn those settings back on. They are turned off every time you move for performance reasons, and the turned back on after the move.
WT