Help with Part & DWG properties.

I have created a drawing template using the tutorial. I would like the author of the drawing seperate from the author of the model file. Is this possible? Also, will it prompt a user or preferably auto populate. I have searched but I cant find answers to this.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
mechdesign2k4

You can have the designed by (model designer) populated from a custom property of the solid model and the drawn by (drafter) populated by a custom property of the drawing file.

Tim

Reply to
T. Struemke

So it is possible, thats great... how do I set this up?

Reply to
mechdesign2k4

Include these in the drawing.

$PRPSHEET:"Author" - Uses the Author property from the part.

$PRPSHEET:"SW-Last Saved By" - Shows who last saved the drawing. This is auto filled.

Reply to
greyhound