Editing assembly distance mates

I haven't figured out how to edit assembly distance mates via API. Any thoughts? TIA

Reply to
kellnerp2717

They added Mate2::DisplayDimension in SW2004 only... then DisplayDimension::GetDimension and Dimension::SetValue

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

Thanks Philippe.

I am still programming 2003. We are not ready for 2004 yet. I finally figured it out today after finding what I wanted in the example files. There is an example that traverses an assembly and lists features(components) and then subfeatures and finally displays dimensions. It is the only way I found to get a dimension object that I could modify. Once a handle is obtained a .systemvalue does the trick. One of the little inconsistencies I found is the naming convention for dimensions.

My next step is to try to get at dimensions in a part that is in an assembly.

Reply to
kellnerp

Right, I "forgot" that a mate is a Feature, which gives access to the dimensions. A "part that is in an assembly" is a Component, which you can traverse with FirstFeature..Next Feature just like a PartDoc. Good luck

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

Reply to
kellnerp