FeatureWorks in SW2007

I know this is included in 2008's base package but what about SW2007? I re-installed 2007 on a second machine and selected featureworks to be installed also as we had a license for it. But it never came up and asked me for the serial number, so why am I asking? I had SWs previously on this machine and I thought that it was possible that it was getting the serial number from the registry...maybe? I just need to verify this because a company I consult for has need of the featureworks but they only have the basic license.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
WormSign

As far as I know FeatureWorks is part of the SW Office packages.....for sure it was in 2007 at least.

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

Yeah I knew it was part of the office package...but we don't have the office package only the base package. But when we originally 'lincensed' SolidWorks we also got FeatureWorks, Animator and PhotoWorks. If I remember correctly there was no 'office' way back then. So my question still stands and I will be more direct in re-stating it. Is FeatureWorks included in the BASE package of SW2007?

Reply to
WormSign

No...it was not included in SW2007 Base package.

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

It is not in the base package of 2007. I had not heard that it IS included in 2008. I knew Animator has been integrated, but... Since I have FeatureWorks, I can't think of a way to see if it is included in the SW license when I open 2008.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

FeatureWorks is not included in the base package, but if you have it associated with your license, you no longer need to enter a separate serial number to turn it on. The "activation" code knows what add-ons are associated with the license. The activation will work with SW2006, 2007 & 2008.

If you activated 2008, but still have the old reg code license for

2007 installed, change the S/N through Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs and enter the 24-digit code when prompted.
Reply to
jimsym

Thanks, That explains what I am seeing on this end. I was expecting the separate serial numbers...

Reply to
WormSign