How to purge a part reference?

I've got an assembly that has 'morphed' over the last 8 months, many months ago I had a subassy in it somewhere named 'big2404003c.sldasm', that sub has long since been deleted or renamed or something, but it no longer exists, except when I open the drawing, it'll tell me it can't find it and ask if I'd like to find it, every time I check the "Don't ask me again" box and pick No.

I suspect somewhere I have an edge of another part referencing this rogue assy, or something like that, but I don't know how top find it. The assembly in question has 161 unique parts and 29 unique sub-assy's.

Any ideas?

Thanks Whit

Reply to
whit

I've got an assembly that has 'morphed' over the last 8 months, many months ago I had a subassy in it somewhere named 'big2404003c.sldasm', that sub has long since been deleted or renamed or something, but it no longer exists, except when I open the drawing, it'll tell me it can't find it and ask if I'd like to find it, every time I check the "Don't ask me again" box and pick No.

I suspect somewhere I have an edge of another part referencing this rogue assy, or something like that, but I don't know how top find it. The assembly in question has 161 unique parts and 29 unique sub-assy's.

Any ideas?

Thanks Whit

Reply to
Devon T. Sowell

Do not know if any kind of global purge for external ref. But maybe the below might help (or maybe you have already tried the below & it wont help -- either way I tried).

maybe try searching for it -- maybe your just missing it in the Feature tree (I have days like that). You can try searching the tree by RMB click at the top & choose Goto & in put 'big2404003c' in the search box. If that turns up with nothing. You can manully look for external references by RMB click & choose "list external ref." & find which part or assembly has the ref to the missing assembly.

Steve Tietz

Reply to
Steve Tietz

aHA! Thanks for the explanation, I had a point on a sketch 'peirced' thru a a broken reference '->x'

Delete, Fix, save, exit, done

Cool

Thanks!

Whit

Reply to
whit

Thank you, I tried the GoTo thingie, nothing found, Devons suggestion of looking for the little symbols really sped things up.

I've been at this SWX for a little over a year and the learning curve never really flattens out :o)

Thanks aga>

Reply to
whit