Implementing PDM

I am looking to implement PDM with Solidworks

Does anyone have any advice?

I was thinking of using a seperate computer in my office and spend a hour a day over teh next couple of months to try and iron out the bugs. Or at least know what types of things we need to do differently before we implement it.

I really dont want to spend 2 months figuring it out at the time of implementation and have it mess up everything we are working on.

I would really appreciate some advice or suggestions from someone that has gone through it before

Thanks,

Reply to
Rory

I am looking to implement PDM with Solidworks

Does anyone have any advice?

I was thinking of using a seperate computer in my office and spend a hour a day over teh next couple of months to try and iron out the bugs. Or at least know what types of things we need to do differently before we implement it.

I really dont want to spend 2 months figuring it out at the time of implementation and have it mess up everything we are working on.

I would really appreciate some advice or suggestions from someone that has gone through it before

Thanks,

Reply to
Rory

I would recommend searching back through this group for PDM discussions and looking at all the good and bad said about PDMWorks & a half dozen other PDM solutions which are offered.

There are a lot of little details that users have brought up which are usually glossed over or not mentioned in the 4 color promo-pages for these products.

Bo

Rory wrote:

Reply to
Bo