import diagnosis

I import a model today that imported as a body with errors. no problem i thought i would right-click on the Import body and run Diagnosis. To my surprise i could not find it. i've looked everywhere, but diagnosis is know where to be found. Pre Sw2005 i used it alot, this is the first time i've needed it. Any ideas where it went? THANKS

David H

Reply to
buster

David,

It works for me. SolidWorks 2005 SP1.0 RC. Select "customize" from the right click popup menu and make sure "Diagnosis" is checked to show in the menu.

Dave H

buster wrote:

Reply to
Dave H

Buster,

It's only available if the imported part has errors. Otherwise, there's nothing to diagnose

Mark

Reply to
MM

For Import Diagnosis to works, there can't be any other features except the base datums, origin, and imported features.

We have templates with added axes in X, Y, and Z directions. Import Diagnosis is not available unless these features are deleted.

Reply to
That70sTick

"That70sTick" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

That was it, i had added a z-axis to my templete. Thanks

Reply to
buster

Not true. I have the diagnosis menu item available even if there are no errors in the imported part/feature.

Dave H

MM wrote:

Reply to
Dave H

Dave,

My bad,,,

Mark

Reply to
Mark Mossberg

I thought that you could get Diagnosis back if you roll back to just below the import feature. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case. Was such an option available in the past? Unfortunately, I no longer have any older versions installed and available for testing. I'm running SW 2005 SP

0.0.
Reply to
John Eric Voltin

So that's what's wrong with me.

What a pain. At least I have the consolation that dafault planes and axes often have no relation to the imported part.

Reply to
Dale Dunn